
You know, I think there is a turning point in our lives. It can be called maturity or aging or whathaveyou but there is definitely a point where we start to look back more than we look forward. We look back at the past and enjoy fond memories and think of things we regret. We yearn for our youth in many ways. We wish we could go back and talk to our younger selves. We wish we could go back and re-live some things and change others.
I'm at that point and it's hitting me kinda hard. I'm not really "old" at all. I have a lot of life left to live. I have many many things to look forward to. But I also know that there are a few era's of my life that are over for good. Sometimes that's hard to accept. Sometimes things come up in the present that make you realize that parts of your life are done and gone and only now do you realize you should have appreciated them more in the present.
I try my hardest to use that to my advantage and appreciate the present I have now. Still, I yearn for the past. To go back and relive and change many things. I wonder how different things would have turned out if I had made the changes then that I wish I could go back and make.
Don't get me wrong. I am very happy with the life I have now. I know that things that happened then have helped create me and my current life as well. But Damn! Wouldn't it be fun to go back and be that teenager again sometimes? Well, only when it was fun. Not when life was filled with silly teenage woes and angst and issues. All part of maturing, aging or whathaveyou. All part of life.
Here's a tribute to a fun part. The part that caused me to start this looking back thing. Ahhh, young & stupid!

No comments:
Post a Comment